On Sunday, May 5th, our team is walking together in Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger.
Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger brings thousands of people to our state’s capital each year to raise money for antihunger programs, and to promote awareness about the face of hunger in our communities. At the 2012 Walk for Hunger, 43,000 people came together and raised $3.6 million!
By participating in the 2013 Walk for Hunger, we are pledging to make a difference in three important ways:
• To help spread the word about the need for hunger relief in our state
• To support and fund both short– and long-term solutions that make a real, lasting difference for those in need
• To show the world that hunger isn’t something to be ashamed of . . . it’s something we can alleviate, prevent, and END.
We are honored to be a part of The Walk for Hunger, and passionate about what we can do when we work together.
By sponsoring our team, you help change thousands of lives across our state.
Project Bread supports a wide variety of programs across Massachusetts, including community-based meal programs, early childhood and school nutrition initiatives, creating better access to fresh local food resources, and more.
Last year alone, Project Bread–funded organizations provided 61 million meals to hungry people.
From meeting immediate needs in our families, to providing healthy food for our children as they grow and learn, to making nutritious food more affordable and accessible for everyone in need, we’re making a big difference—and getting closer every day to our goal of ending hunger in our state.
Please consider giving to support our team, and the great work Project Bread is doing—or joining our team to walk and raise money yourself!
• Donate to our team now by clicking the “Sponsor the Team” button
• Register to walk or volunteer yourself on our team, by clicking the “Join Team” link below
http://www.projectbread.org click “Join my team”